instant gramming

February 16, 2008

Ode to Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Freshness

I was taking a shower tonight and enjoying my invigorating, eucalyptus-scented, liquid soap by Dr. Bronner's when I decided that I would dedicate a blog entry to this wonderful "all-one" wash. Dr. B's six liquid soaps are made of organic coconut oil & organic olive oil (with retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, cage-free water, citric acid, and the organic essential oil of your preference. Supposedly, the soap can be used as a shampoo, body wash, dish soap,laundry detergent, and toothpaste. In addition to all this goodness, I found that some Bronner-friendly stores (like Clintonville Community Market) offer 5 gallon tubs with push-pumps to refill empty Dr. Bronner's bottles, thereby reducing waste! In fact, the bottle I am using has been refilled twice since I bought the peppermint soap senior year of high school--but only twice, which could be attributed to its hyper-concentrated strength, or my lower-than-average shower participation [Note to self: write blog about our hyper-sterile-obsessed society]. The eucalyptus is a bit overpowering--a scent akin to Vick's VapoRub--but I am really enjoying it. Dr. Bronner's story (the abridged version, as stated in 4 paragraphs on the company's website) is pretty exciting: evading Nazis as a Jew in Germany and rebelling against manufacturers of synthetic surfactant formulations...
Ok, bedtime. Gotta take Alden out for the fifth time this hour. Peace and soapy suds

No comments:

Post a Comment