instant gramming

July 9, 2010

Big Things Going On

Massive, huge, monster-sized things have been culminating this week. Not the least of which includes the arrival of Miss Sophia Ann West (my niece!) on Tuesday, July 6 at 6:05pm (a minute early!), weighing in at 6 lbs 1 oz (an ounce too much!). J-k, j-k. I'm packing up the fam and cruising to Cincy this evening to meet the littlest bundle and take too many photos and otherwise irritate the sh*t out of her.

What else? Oh, new phones! Our busted, old hand-me-down phones were starting to fail and we decided to "embrace the present" as I put it, and get some Smart phones. Android Allys they are. Bringing the internet and a thousand widgets to my fingertips, among other things. A pretty handy way to stay abreast of the happenings surrounding our daughter and keeping us in touch with home when we are away from it.

What else, too? Lebron James. Bummer.

Umm... Ellie had her 3-month-iversary yesterday! C and I celebrated with Vendi caramel soy lattes and beer, respectively. Ellie drank a lot of breast milk. One of these days I'm going to have to cut her off that stuff. Daycare seems to be getting better each day, both for Ellie and the woman who is watching her. And today marks day 93 in the "100 Days of Ellie" series that has been so sporadic. This morning I uploaded a ton more photos from our camera and I plan to sort through them. My hope is to get it all on this blaugh before day 100...

Erm.... moments ago I broke down and bought myself some nice pants as an early birthday gift to myself. Expensive enough that I wouldn't let anyone else buy them for me. Hopefully they are as nice as promised. It was all I could do to keep myself from buying an additional pair of shorts and a second pair of pants. Lets try this first pair before I get so invested, ok?

Oh, and it's Friday. Woop woop

No comments:

Post a Comment