instant gramming

January 4, 2008

Homage to the New Year

As you may have guessed, "Frequent and regular updating of my blog," is not high up on my list of New Year's Resolutions. I'm considering amending the name to "Several Weeks Later In The Good Life..." Any thoughts?
--
Cheers to a great and satisfying holiday vacation filled with family, good tasting food, and too many bite-sized chocolates. C and I each crafted neon colored stockings from felt, which were placed near the 12" tree with care... Mom and Dad Love brought us a living Christmas tree (Norway spruce!) to be planted in the yard--haven't figured out a suitable location, but the frozen ground has afforded us some time to keep thinking.
New Year's Eve dinner was enjoyed with friends & family at a terrific (and patient) restaurant called Lemongrass in downtown Columbus. Later, Allison O., C, and I used bikes and a skateboard as transportation to attend the first annual "ball launch" in uptown Westerville to ring in 2008 and celebrate the town's 150th birthday, simultaneously. On New Year's Day, C fixed a terrific dinner of pork tenderloin, sauerkraut, sweet potatoes, and asparagus, for tradition's sake and good luck for the two of us plus C's sister and her fiance(herein referred to as J&M).
I won't get into my expanding list of resolutions, but I've identified some short term goals that I'm excited about. I say "expanding" but I need to write them down, else the abyss I call my short term memory will continue to dissipate them as quickly as I think of new ones. Maybe I will write a list for my next post--Stay tuned!
Ok. Go see Juno and see if the soundtrack doesn't melt your heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment