instant gramming

March 21, 2010

Sleep

(I'm relaying this story at C's request)

Let me be the first to admit, based on the accounts told to me, I have a habit of talking in my sleep.  It's not gibberish, but coherent if not ridiculous words, strung together in sentences, and usually in response to something very real. Last night was one of those occasions. I guess my latest instances of talking in my sleep have been to "shush" anyone or thing making noise. At some point, after being awake for over an hour in the middle of the night, C coughed, and I instantly let out a prolonged "Shhhhhhhhhh." She laughed, and as I moved to reorient myself in bed, I responded "Thanks a lot for waking me up." C called me a jerk, to which I continued "No, seriously: thanks for waking me up." At this point I was partially awake, since I remember saying "No, that's not what I mean" but then go on to say something about the paint in the room, according to C.

Anyway, C keeps bringing this up, and we have been laughing about the fact I might have a lot of trouble trying to wake up for Baby Girl. I can just imagine her crying and me saying "Shhhhhhhhhh."

In other sleep news, C has been consistently waking up at 3am and staying awake until around 5... she has been painfully annoyed during those sleepless hours but admits she hasn't been suffering with fatigue during the day.
--
Weather has been amazing, recently, and we're trying to get so much stuff done, especially doing stuff outside, including walking Alden. Today on a walk we connected with a neighbor who just had a baby girl in November. I'm excited about having another young new parent on the block and hope we can get together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment