instant gramming

January 29, 2009

Wrench-in the gears

I'm getting depressingly bored at work and sinking back into obsession with bicycles--probably a subconscious yearning for the freedom of long, sunny, summer days--fed by countless hours in front of the internet

That said, I am signed up for a short series of bike maintenance classes at a nearby shop each Tuesday of the next three weeks. I hope I learn a lot about using different component-specific tools and how to work on the obscured parts of bikes. Not sure if much else will come of it, but dream that such work--in the sense of a job--would be rewarding in that each task at hand would be very tangible and not so theoretical or open-ended...

I mean, don't get me wrong: my job is cool, pays exceptionally well for my qualifications, is relevant to my under-grad studies, and is located near to where I live--not a thing to turn down...

No comments:

Post a Comment